Los Angeles House of Ruth’s (LAHR’s) primary goal is to transition homeless women and their children into permanent housing and successful futures.
LAHR is able to support up to 16 families simultaneously, and over the years we have helped hundreds of families launch new beginnings that led to successful and healthy lives.
- Operates 4 houses located at a confidential location near downtown Los Angeles, each with private living quarters and full kitchens;
- Employs staff that includes Licensed Clinical Social Workers, childcare staff, case managers, night & weekend staff;
- Provides on-site health screenings with immediate referrals to nearby clinics & hospitals;
- Partners with the adult education organizations including the LAUSD Skills Center, Puente Learning Center, as well as drug and rehab service agencies, child care training agencies, and others;
- Makes available indoor & outdoor play facilities for the children;
- Coordinates educational & recreational field trips.
Homelessness is the only requirement to enter our program. Our residents come to us from Los Angeles County’s most vulnerable population; homeless women and their children. They are found residing in emergency shelters, living on the street, in parks, encampments, or other public places.
LAHR needs donors, like you, in order to expand our services. Due to a lack of additional housing, we are sad to report that we are forced to turn some of these victims away. We receive more than 15 referrals from Social Services for homeless mothers with children per week; that means we are forced to turn away more than 60 individuals per month.
If you would like to support the expansion of our services, please visit our donation page.